Ah Kingston, or Kings Town. No, that’s not it. Kingston is more than just where the St. Lawrence runs into Lake Ontario, it’s rife with history and academia. It doesn’t take a genius to know that!
Kingston is the birthplace of Don Cherry, Doug Gilmour, The Tragically Hip, and probably some other important people. But you know what really makes Kingston great? The sense of community. That’s why we’re proud to make Kingston the inaugural city for Vicinity Day, a new initiative we’re kicking off on April 19th to promote shopping local across Canada.
So why is Kingston our first stop on the Vicinity Day tour? Downtown Kingston is home to the biggest concentration of Vicinity merchants in a single town, so we want to throw you a special party. You could say it’s in the Vicinity of downtown…Okay, bad joke. But we wanted to highlight some of the great businesses within walking distance of one another.
Whether it’s brunch at Le Chien Noir, grabbing a Burger at Harper’s Burger Bar (they’re famous now you know!) or picking up a prescription at Market Pharmacy, we know that Vicinity members in Kingston definitely like getting free stuff, which is why we’re rewarding you, the most tight-knit local shopping market, with this awesome promo.
Show your Vicinity card at any of the participating businesses on Saturday, April 19th for your chance to receive a FREE treat. And if you make a qualifying transaction with your Vicinity card you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win gift certiﬁcates, bonus points, and other prizes.
But as an added bonus, everyone that tweets with the hashtag #VicinityDayYGK from now until Saturday has another chance to win extra prizes! We’ll be giving away gift cards to local merchants, as well as some other surprises.
Vicinity Day in downtown Kingston is a fantastic way to enjoy the spring weather by walking around the neighbourhood, exploring all the local shops in downtown YGK and more importantly, earning fantastic rewards from your fave local stores along the way.
Sign up for free at VicinityRewards.ca or in-store to start earning loyalty points at your favourite local businesses today!
And tell us: which city should we hold Vicinity Day in next, and why?
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGS
Vicinity Day Kingston
The Vicinity Day Kingston (the “Contest”) is presented and administrated by Vicinity, a business unit within Rogers Communications Inc. (herein referred as “Vicinity” or “Contest Sponsor”). No purchase necessary.
1. ELIGIBILITY – The Contest is open to residents of Ontario who are over the age of majority, (individually “entrant” and altogether “entrants”). Employees of Contest Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of majority must, prior to participating in the Contest, obtain the consent of their parent(s) or legal guardian, who will be considered the Contest
2. CONTEST PERIOD – The Contest is being held from 9:00 am to 11:59 pm on April 19, 2014. All times are Eastern Daylight Saving.
i) Obtain one (1) automatic entry with each qualifying Vicinity points transaction made at any participating merchant in downtown Kingston, Ontario. Vicinity points are issued only for transactions made based on the rewards structure of the participating merchant (this varies by merchant and each merchant’s reward structure may be found on the Vicinity website www.vicinityrewards.ca.)
ii) To enter without Vicinity points transaction, tweet a message to the hashtag #VicinityDayYGK to earn (1) entry in the Contest.
iii) Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain erroneous contact or entry information or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest
iv) If entry to this Contest is by means of a third party service or site (a “Third Party Service”), such as Facebook or Twitter or any other social media site, entrants must have an account with the applicable Third Party Service. By creating an account with the Third Party Service, the entrant agrees to comply with the Third Party Service’s Terms of Service. This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by any Third Party Service. Facebook entrants, if applicable, acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not to Facebook. By entering this Contest by means of a Third Party Service, if applicable, you completely release any such Third Party Service of all liability in relation to your participation in the Contest.
4. PRIZE(S) – Entrants are eligible to win one (1) of the following prizes:
One (1) Apple iPad with Retina Display – 16GB – WiFi, having an approximate retail value
One (1) Blackberry Z10 Mobile smartphone, having an approximate retail value of $300
One (1) of twenty-five $50 Gift Certificates redeemable at the participating Vicinity Day
merchant (one $50 Gift Certificate per merchant for a total of 25 Gift Certificates to be The approximate retail value indicated above for each prize is the approximate retail value of the prize at the launch of the Contest. No financial compensation will be made or required if actual costs are lower than the indicated retail value. Devices and smartphone are locked for used on the Rogers network and do not include
activation, airtime or data plan, which are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must comply with Rogers Terms of Service and the user guide for the product and/or services should the device/smartphone be activated and used on the Rogers network. Any costs or expenses incurred by winner in claiming or using the prize not specifically described as part of the prize, including but not limited to the unlocking of the device/smartphone, are the sole responsibility
5. DRAW – A random draw by a representative of the Contest Sponsor or the independent agency from all entries received will be made on or about April 25, 2014 at the office of Contest Sponsor or the independent agency at 545 Lake Shore Blvd West, Toronto, Ontario. Prizes will be drawn in the order they appear in the present rules. Selected entrants will be contacted by email or by phone or through their Twitter account.
6. CONFIRMATION OF WINNER(S) – If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-
limited, mathematical skill-testing question administrated by email or posed by phone at a mutually convenient time; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release.
7. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE(S) – Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize
8. RULINGS – Rulings by Contest Sponsor are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion, the administration of the Contest and the awarding of the prizes.
9. ODDS OF WINNING – Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
10. CONSENT TO PUBLICITY – By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
11. LEGISLATION – The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal law
12. COMMUNICATIONS – No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to: 545 Lake Shore Blvd West, Toronto, Ontario M5A 1A3.
14. RELEASE OF LIABILITY – By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each entrant releases Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising in connection with the Contest and/or prizes including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest, the selection and confirmation of Winner, and the awarding and use of the prize.
Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
16. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
©2014 Rogers Communications